Delhi court grants bail to activist Disha Ravi
- “Citizens are conscience keepers of government in any democratic Nation”
- “Cannot be put behind the bars simply because they choose to disagree with the State policies”,
- “Offence of sedition cannot be invoked to minister to the wounded vanity of governments”
These were some of the words of Additional Sessions Judge Dharmender Rana, as he granted bail to Disha Ravi.
Disha Ravi was arrested on February 13 by Delhi Police in connection with a Toolkit on the farmer protests that was tweeted by Swedish activist Greta Thunberg.
World’s largest cricket stadium in Gujrat
The Sardar Patel Stadium in Motera, Ahmedabad is now the world’s largest cricket stadium. It will be formally inaugurated by President Kovind today. It will host the third India-England Test starting today too.
Till now the title of largest cricket stadium belonged to the Melbourne Cricket Ground in Australia. Not anymore.
- The Motera has a seating capacity of 1,10,000 (10,000 more than the Melbourne one).
- It’s spread across 63 acres
- Has 6 indoor pitches with bowling machines.
- It has a clubhouse with 50 deluxe rooms and five suites
- Also has an Olympic-size swimming pool.
US Honour for Indian activist
US Honours Activist Anjali Bharadwaj For Her Work On Combating Corruption.
Who is she?
Anjali is a 48-year-old activist
Is the founder of the Satark Nagrik Sangathan (SNS), a citizens’ group with a mandate to promote transparency and accountability in government and encourage active participation of citizens.
She has also has been involved with the right to information movement in India since 1999
Civic polls in Gujrat – AAP makes a stunning a person's first appearance or performance in a particular c... More
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) sweeps Gujarat civic polls – wins all six municipal corporations. Congress decimated
AAP wins 27 of the total 120 seats in Surat- making an Impressive a person's first appearance or performance in a particular c... More. C.
The UK bans non-essential inter-national travel till May 17
Boris Johnson, Prime Minister of the UK, has banned all non-essential international travel to and from the country till May 17, 2021.
The ban was imposed due to the rapid spread of the new COVID-19 strain.