Written by Naman Anil Kumar, a grade 7 student.
Story writing is part of creative writing. Before writing any story it is important to know various elements of story. Story has five important elements which makes story very interesting and engaging.
Five elements of story are:
The events in a story will usually revolve around certain people or animals. These are called as Character of the story. Without a character we cannot make any story.
The setting of a story tells us about where the story is taking place. It is always important to have a setting in a story to build the story.
The plot is a term which is used to describe the events that make up a story or the main part of a story. A plot should have beginning, middle and the ending.
A conflict/problem is a kind of difficulty or a problem that the main character faces in the story.
The solution is the element of a story in which the focus shifts to resolving the problem.
How to plot a story
A story plot should always have raising point and falling point.
The events in the story should go like this:
- There should be an introduction of the characters, settings and problems.
- This should be followed by developing the characters and events.
- There should an increase in the suspense to make it very curious.
- The climax is the peak of the story, wherein the stories takes a turning point.
- Then the plot will go into falling action, where the events will be leading towards the end of the story.
- The story will end after getting the resolution to the problem.
Written by Naman Anil Kumar
Naman is a grade 7 student at Orchids International School. He loves music and theater and Kannada literature. He wants to be an actor when he grows up. His favorite authors are Roald Dahl and Kuvempu.
Want to write for I Kid You Not? We publish children’s writing.Reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org