Written by Naina Singh, a grade 6 student
Are you tired of sitting at home with nothing to do? You can’t even go out to play. To solve your problem, here is a list of 5 things you can do sitting at home when you’re bored
You can make designs and make doodles. Using doodles you can even make cards for your friends and family. You can even make themed doodles which are based upon one theme. Doodles are basically little drawings put together.
You could bake something you really like to eat simply by watching a YouTube video. This can be a fun thing to do.
Some channels you can find recipes on are:
Reading your favourite books can be fun as well. You can discover different types of books and read them. There are a lot of books that you can read and this can keep you entertained the whole day.
Some good books are:
- ( Ages 6-7 )
- The Faraway Tree ( Enid Blyton )
- The Cat in the Hat ( Dr.Seuss )
- Topsy and Tim ( Jean Adamson, Gareth Adamson )
- The Gruffalo ( Julia Donaldson )
- Paper Dolls ( Julia Donaldson )
- ( Ages 8-9 )
- Katy ( Jacqueline Wilson )
- Wonder ( RJ Palacio )
- The Butterfly lion ( Michael Morpurgo )
- Charlotte’s Web ( E.B. White )
- George’s Secret Key to the Universe ( Lucy and Stephen Hawking )
- ( Ages 10-11 )
- Murder on the Orient Express ( Agatha Christie )
- The War that Saved My Life ( Kimberly Brubaker Bradley)
- Haroun and the Sea of stories ( Salman Rushdie )
- The Little Rainmaker (Roopal Rashomani Kewalya)
- The Diary of a Young Girl ( Anne Frank )
4. Doing Puzzles
You can do any kind of puzzle like:
- Word search
You can do these online or upload and print them.
5. Watching movies
Watching a movie is a great option when you can’t go outdoors.
Here are some ideas:
Ages 6-7 )
- Toy story
- Jungle Book
- Thomas and Friends
Ages 8-9 )
- Paper Planes
Ages 10-11 )
- Mary Poppins
Written by Naina Singh