Dates: Rolling through the summer. Sessions are held on Sundays.
Please note: There will be two workshops per batch – on Sundays. During the week, the children will get a reading that they will have to read before the next session.
Ages: 7 – 15
Number of Sessions per batch: Two (each Sunday)
Time: Sunday. 11:30 am
Fee: Rs.600 per session (one batch has two sessions. 10% discount for siblings joining together).
It includes the following:
- Two Workshops – each Sunday (one hour each)
- Quizzes and discussions to help kids understand the news
- Reading links twice a week
- Weekly newsletter
These are fun, interactive workshops that aim to make kids aware of what’s happening in the world in a way that engages them and does not make it boring.
In these immersive workshops, participants will learn all about news and current affairs. The idea is to not only introduce the participants to news and happenings from around the world but to also help them understand some of the defining stories of our times, and thus, encourage them to be more aware and read the news.
These are not boring monologues, but interactive sessions where the kids are engaged and active.
What they’ll learn
- News and current affairs from around the world
- Backstories of some of the larger narratives defining the world stage today (example – what are NFTs, or what’s the Russia-Ukraine issue? – what’s the background – quick, simple snapshots)
- Basics of writing a news story
How it will work
- The program will start with an introduction to the news and the importance of reading the news and being aware. Several world news topics will be covered in this session.
- Every weekend there will be a news round-up zoom call – on the stories of the week – news will be explained simply, so the children understand the background and have context.
- During the week, between sessions, participants will be provided with news recommendations, which they will have to read. There will be a quiz on the recommended suggestions in each of the weekend sessions – this is the BEST part, and kids love it!
- Optional – Participants will be given a topic each to write on, in case they wish to write their own articles.
This workshop will be facilitated by Gopika Kaul, founder,
I Kid You Not
Fill out the form below to book your place in this workshop.